What a Leading Sales Trainer Says About BehaviorSales

Discover what Jim a leading sales trainer has to say about Behavior Sales and the applications of this platform.

Learn from the walkthrough of how this product is presented.

What Ideas does this video give you?

Post your ideas, feedback, and comments below about this video. Share what this made you think below.

Back to Lesson Index

Click here to go back to the Lesson Index

Transcription:

Speaker 1: Just so you understand, our company for philosophy is 1% better every single day. So that’s the main model. And we literally push system updates every single day and we listen to people’s feedback, right? So this is the portal you log in to, which is what we call our client portal. There are actually two portals, a client portal, and a sales rep portal.

So for example, on the bottom here, you see the sign-in as a seller, you’d actually be able to then sign into your seller dashboard. You’ll see all your team members, you’ll get everything you need on the sales side, which is what’s really good. And we have our community link here, which is a link to our tribe.

Everything’s here for you. So let’s dive into one of these reports, for example, which is our insights report. To create one, all we do is click the create insights report button, and it literally walks you through the process of creating. Speaker 1: So with somebody’s email, you can add their email here.

If I click search, it’s actually gonna find their LinkedIn address or Twitter, which it just did if it pulled my name in automatically. And then I just hit create a report. But I’ve already created this report so I can hit it and it’s already here and running. So I can click on this report. And this is what we call our insights report.

Within the next two weeks, you’ll actually see a complete UI update on all of this, which is also good. We’re always improving our user experience. So what this did is it took that LinkedIn profile from that email address and created a personality prediction. So this is that pre-call awareness. So based on the language on my LinkedIn profile, it tells me that I would be a pigeon.

So on the DISC profile, that’s a C, I’m mainly a feeler. I’m decisive, but a calm planner. But I take action. You’ve got all the communication styles here, you’ve got what the styles are. So what’s really important to see here is that it says I’m more pigeon skewed with a high eagle following it.

So that would be a, an sd. And obviously, the peacock is soon following. So we got the bird explainer, which explains the two personality styles, explains what you love, and what you hate. So in your presentation, this just tells you like, Hey, they hate being rejected. So make sure you do things not to reject them.

Make sure in your communication, and this is the training we wanna talk about, is like how you can just through communication, reject them by not allowing them to say no, not empowering them, taking away their decision making things like this. Like they can interpret it as a rejection rather than you just saying no to them or telling them to go away.

You’ve rejected them from a body language perspective or you’ve rejected them from just not hearing them out. Does this make sense?

Speaker 2: This makes a lot of sense. As a matter of fact, I was just constructing an email to someone of this type of personality, and I did not use the word team because the team has the connotation that you can be rejected from it.

So, as opposed to inviting them to the team, I invited them to the community, which is more, more welcoming-type stuff. So yeah, I really get [Speaker 3]: That. Yeah. Jim, I’ve read so many of your posts on Facebook, and one of the things I think that’ll really resonate with you here is it’s very thoughtful in how you’re communicating your language.

Yes. And your post, you use that thing, sales are dead. Because what you’re really talking about is how you connect with people, right? By how you ask questions. This is so up your alley, it’s unreal. Yeah. This just layers on what you do perfectly.

Speaker 2: I love it. Yeah, I love it.

Speaker 1: And one of the things, what we wanna do is create training that’s teaching people how do I converse? How do I have a conversation with the PE o? And like all these training will be paid training courses and workshops that people can offer.

One of the big things we do have is what we call our cheat sheet, which is literally comparing you against the person you’re comparing against. And because I created multiple LinkedIn profiles, it’s pulling in my different personalities. So you can actually see if Ben, the Eagle was talking to Ben the pigeon, here’s the difference in their selling worries.

They’re buying style, how they’re different, they’re buying approach. Like you can start to see how you need to be aware of them and connect to them. Does that make sense?

Speaker 2: Wow. Fantastic. This is a lot of data.

Speaker 1: Yeah. And bear in mind, we did this in 15 seconds off a LinkedIn profile.

[Speaker 3]: Here’s the cool thing about this, Jim, is we’re only working off four primary personality types. And as Ben pointed out earlier, there was a primary and a secondary. So everybody’s got all four aspects of those personalities. Sure. It’s what’s dominant, what our default is. So when we’re with our kids or our grandkids, we’re one way when we’re in the workplace for another when we’re selling.

That’s right. For one way. So what’s really cool is, as you take this, not only do you get used to the four different personality types when you’re in the Zoom or the video recording aspect, but then it becomes contextual. Meaning what’s actually happening within the conversation. It’ll be able to diagnose what kind of personality they’re operating from within the con sales conversation.

This is Speaker 2: Been the context. Oh

[Speaker 3]: Yeah. Contextual sales conversations.

Speaker 2: Love it.

Speaker 1: So one of the other things that are available is obviously we can use Twitter mm-hmm. . And what’s really powerful about that is that when it scans your Twitter account, it looks at all your tweets.

And the next big overhaul for us is literally including contextual relevancy based on your entire Twitter account. So we can look at how you respond emotionally, and personality-wise, based on different topics that we’ve automatically classified on every Twitter post you’ve ever posted. So now we can actually say, Hold on, Jim is an AL when it comes to finances, but when he comes to business, for example, he’s more the eagle, right? So you can actually start to build this through that contextual awareness.

And we did the same when we analyze somebody’s email inbox and stuff like that. This is the initial part of the report. And this is to help you literally have confidence in the approach. All we’re trying to do, as a sales rep, is to help you have confidence in your ability to connect, to be able to personalize your message.

Mm-hmm. so you can connect with them in a way that resonates with them. Because that’s the biggest sin most sales reps make, right? Mm-hmm.

[Speaker 3]: Yeah. Because one of the things that are really key, first of all, we’re dealing with four primary personalized types.

So your entryway, it’s not like you’re dealing with a lot of different gateways to kue. And the ideal conversation is, let’s say you’re an eagle and they’re a pigeon. The guys that are the top-level salespeople, do mirroring and pacing. Basically, it’s you’re aligning with them, but over time they’ll start aligning with you as a good pacer.

There’s some middle ground if they’re really low-key, but you’re a little high energy that you may come down a little bit, but they’ll also come up a little bit. And then the other thing to keep in mind is when I come into a conversation if I’m a real driver, high energy guy, and I’m dealing with more of an analytical low energy guy, and I come in, in my default personality goes, Hey, yeah, I’m a sales guy, you’ve already shot yourself in the foot right.

Of the game. Yeah. So one of the things is coming in at a more aligned level with their personality. And then when we get into the sales insights part when Ben goes through the analytics there, how dynamic that is because then you’ll be able to read exactly what’s happening of how you’re gauging with them and they’re gauging with you.

Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, absolutely. You mean, and that’s the analytics that takes place post-sale, correct? Yeah. Or post conversation. Yeah.

Speaker 1: Yeah. So we’re saying post conversation. So pre-conversation, post conversation because the conversation could be anything. It could be a manager conversation, it could be an internal conversation.

Mm-hmm. , it could be a recruitment conversation. It could be in the future, it could be a spousal conversation. It could be a conversation with the kids, right? You aren’t away a pre-conversation post-conversation. Gotcha.

[Speaker 3]: Jim, We’re going with sales as the focal point of selling this, but there’s a whole bunch of other applications here beyond sales.

Speaker 2: Good. Good stuff. Good stuff. Yeah,

Speaker 1: That’s good. And obviously, as I mentioned, you got disk and ocean, so you got the full backing of the science and research from that fully included. So this is a full ocean debrief on that person,

[Speaker 3]: Jim. That’s where you get into the deep dive, which is not really necessary.

But what it does is for the people that really wanna master this will give them a real technical research-based perspective. Yeah. Two different types of personalized profiling are combined within that. And a bird is an extension of the DISC, right?

[Speaker 3]: Got it.

And so the bird is based on gamification, where it’s easy to remember its visual and it makes it more, I love it. Simplified, for application, especially with great salespeople.

Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. The millennials and yeah, this group, they love the gamification. Yeah. Great asset, great aspect. Yeah.

Speaker 1: So the next, we have what we call ourselves insights. Um, and the insights of our sales are the post conversation analysis. So already we can see here in this conversation what the personality expressed of the rep overall, Which is really interesting because you can actually see me and another guy here, we were actually expressing our owls on this call, very knowledge-driven, which we have to be aware of.

So just some simple context does I wanna be an owl on this call and it is expressing my knowledge And I have to be aware of if I’m being an owl to a peacock or being an owl to an eagle, how they’re perceiving me as a know it all. Who’s just gonna, to want to show off their knowledge and skills? So you want to be aware of that.

Understand. Like we can also see the emotion that was used and the overall emotion was just, it was the somber mood, right? Cause this was a training call, a very detailed analytical training call. It was a very somber emotion. There was a whole lot of clout. So there was a whole lot of influence, but we weren’t in sync with each other.

There was zero sync conversation, zero

Speaker 1: Between both of us.

Speaker 2: Wow. Wow.

Speaker 1: And one of the things is sync is important because if there’s no sync, well it can impact decisiveness, it can impact your authority and your credibility because literally, it’s alright, this was great, but I don’t really wanna go to a beer with this guy.

Speaker 1: Does that make sense? And

Speaker 2: Then the status

Speaker 1: Is, is that the report ready? Yeah, the report is ready.

Speaker 2: The report is ready. I

Speaker 1: Got Yeah, so cause it just takes a few minutes to complete. So on this report, you can watch the video, you’ve got the full transcript here.

When we dive into personality awareness, so you can actually see the different personality types that were expressed and how they changed. And you can see on this call, I adapted my personality to be an O very knowledge driven cool formal distance, which is actually, and one of the important things you wanna know is the way we’ve got this structured is the bird on the opposite side is the bird of conflict.

Cows by nature piss off peacocks, right? Pigeons by nature piss off eagles. So these are things you wanna be aware of. We dive into this in this intelligence where once again you can compare on the cheat sheet, but down the bottom here we actually show there’s no sync, they’re out of sync. We weren’t connected.

It was like we were on a first date. We show the personality conflicts here and then dive into

Speaker 2: The, let me see the personality conflict if you just one second. So it actually uhhuh uhhuh it actually deal.

[Speaker 3]: What’s good about this Jim, is like for example, if you are a certain personality type, what this is showing is to be aware that the opposing personality type, for example, eagle and pigeon, which Ben pointed out earlier, you need to realize that your natural personality is gonna come across in a way that like Ben says, pisses him off, irritates him.

And we’ve all been in those situations that if you’re not careful, especially in a sales environment if you’re in the opposite, it would be a really bad idea to come in the way you normally are. So you adjust.

Speaker 2: Okay, good, good. So this is actually giving advice, your challenge nutshell. Last thoughts.

Okay, cool. Wow. Wow. Great.

Speaker 1: Then we go into communication dynamics, which is a whole new league for a lot of sales reps who even be talking about, right? Or anyone in conversation. Like so low empathy a look, it actually shows everything here on how they’re communicating. So we were communicating very abstractly, very big picture.

So on the concrete exact examples from a very communal, and one of the things here, like we got an empathy indicator, like what, where was our empathy? Were we showing connection or were we showing detachment? And what’s really important about this is if you’ve actually got no empathy, the person’s gonna feel it.

Captivation was the ability for you to captivate attention.

[Speaker 3]: You notice on that toggle gym that it’s throughout the whole call. So you can see it going up and down depending on what you’re talking about.

Speaker 2: So it’s timestamped. So you can actually then refer back to the transcript, which is timestamped as well.

Yes. You know exactly. Okay. Yes.

[Speaker 3]: Let’s just take for example closing cuz everybody focused on closing, right? Yeah. So let’s say you go into closing and the guy’s got a really bad closing rate. So what’s happening prior to that? If everything’s going well, does he get excited? Is he being too aggressive? Does he shift personality types? Is his energy high? Is it low action, Is it all these things Or indicators? And as you learn how to use this for yourself, then you can analyze any sales, and then we’re gonna train up what we call conversation coaches.

So they can come into a sales team or a company and go in and say, Hey, this is what’s going on here. This is where the breakdown is. So that we can analyze who is the standard in your company, Who’s nailing it on this and why are they nailing it and where are they nailing it?

One of the elements we created was the happiness sandwich because every call is broken down into 10 segments. And from those 10 segments, we determined groupings. But at the end of the day, we created the happiness sandwich cuz humans only remember the beginning and the end of something. So what’s really important to be aware of here is if you are ending things in negative emotion, you’re allowing a negative emotion to fester.

When negative emotions fester, it increases churn, resentment, and remorse, it goes down, right? So you always wanna be aware of this and you’ll have a lot of sales reps leave people in this negative emotion or they had people in a negative emotion for too long and they didn’t get 'em into a happy state. So this is something you wanna be aware of you would rather be neutral to happy than negative being aware of these shifts, but also being aware of what emotions were triggered if discussed was triggered, discussed is a starting indicator of churn.

And if discuss is triggered for too long, it’s the likelihood of that person churning is extremely high. So what you wanna know is on the call is when was discussed, triggered, and discussed. Triggered in what context and what relationship because it, it could be discussed about a service they’ve had with their previous vendor.

Or is it about the service you are offering If you are assisted with the service I’m offering, what’s the likelihood you’re gonna buy Slim? Hey

[Speaker 3]: Ben, could you scroll up just a little bit? No. All the way to the top. Ideally what you’re wanting as a salesperson is you want that smiley face, at least at the beginning, at least to the end because that shows that you’ve ended with that good impression, especially if you have a multi-sales meeting process.

But the other thing is, let’s say part of your sales process is to dig into the problem, right?

Speaker 2: Yes. Is

[Speaker 3]: What I, So you wanna be seeing those feeling sad, faces sad and then the other thing, notice Ben, where it says discussed now discussed is an incredibly strong emotion, but that’s a category of emotion.

So for example, it says you might feel about those with different political opinions. So it gets into a little bit more refinement when you read through there. So like sadness, I got it. Is disappointed, grief, or sorrow, you go up to gratitude at the top including thankfulness satisfaction. So those are broad terms, but they have subtle differences in meanings depending on that.

Mm-hmm , you have to understand the nuance. The key phrase here that Ben uses is contextual conversation. What I think is so fantastic about this is the ideal sales conversation is authentic, right? When you can have an authentic conversation, you’re real, they’re real. You’re finding out if there’s something that’s mutual of interest, that’s what you’re shooting for.

And this is what it’ll give you right here.

Speaker 1: That’s our next part here, which is where we have clout your ability to have certainly in confidence, did you have influence over the person you were talking with? When did influence drop, and where did influence go? All this type of stuff on the call.

So it actually tracks your influence indicators.

Speaker 2: Let me ask to this one question. Let’s say influence, Okay, so we’re having a conversation and this is, this is capturing these emotional places or states based upon the conversation as well as the visual or simply the conversation, the

Speaker 1: Words, the linguistics in the conversation, the way words are being used and how words are being used

Speaker 2: And how words are being used right now.

So this could be a phone call or a zoom call.

Speaker 1: Yes. And it could be any audio, any video. We’re adding back into this our body language analysis. So on the side of all of this then you’ll have the body language analysis for the entire call. So we already built a body language machine learning system as well.

[Speaker 3]: Jim, the research on this is based on 20,000 plus different scientific research reports or studies on linguistic and behavioral science, right Ben?

Speaker 1: Yeah. Over the last 30 years, it’s been all the research like, so we use open research standards, we didn’t just go and make some of this stuff up.

Some of our competitors have, I took proven research that was used for different industries, like all the stuff that pharmaceutical companies use in like medical terms. Cause it’s still the same. It’s just that I saw the opportunity in the sense of going, hold on, no one’s really applying this to conversations like outside medical fields, outside other things.

Like cuz the sales conversation is the same. Like it’s still a conversation. And the thing is, nobody was funding the roll out of this into sales. So this is what I’ve had to do over the last three years. That’s why like there’s a lot going into this even though we know that once it’s up and running, pharmaceutical companies we’ll love this because it moves their sales teams.

Speaker 1: So they’ve been funding it in a different perspective or a different application. Yes. And that’s what makes this interesting because I’m literally taking their research and repackaging and then giving a back to them in a new product package. Like we even track authenticity. So one of the things you wanna be aware of is when authenticity is low, most of the time influence is low.

And if you don’t have influence as a sales rep, when you go to close them, what happens is the sales rep is not gonna effectively be able to close them. And typically what’s gonna happen is the sales rep is then gonna use external motivators to close the deal. So they’re gonna drop the price, they’re gonna add bonuses, they’re gonna add incentives, they’re gonna reduce their profit margins, blah blah blah blah, blah.

And now you can start comparing, okay, why is Frankie not selling as much as Joan, but, and what is surprised him? We’ll be able to compare their conversations in bulk and actually see how their styles are different and where they’re off or where they’re on. Compare them to things. And this is where you start to get really powerful sales intelligence from your team.

I Speaker 2: Was gonna say, and of course managers will not be able to teach this to the degree that we can. So they bring us in for the training as well. Yes.

Speaker 1: That’s the hundred percent. Hundred percent. Ok. Yeah. So the conversation coaching is literally gonna be the next evolution of sales training because it’s beyond training a sales script.

It’s like it’s tonality, it’s body language, it’s understanding the data and providing that feedback loop. Because let’s be honest, what other way do people in sales have a feedback loop on their conversations?

Speaker 2: There’s none.

[Speaker 3]: No. And here’s what a couple other things we’re gonna point out.

The accuracy on this Jim is staggering. It’s what, 99%, Ben? Somewhere around there.

Speaker 2: Was the question I was gonna ask. Yeah. With the accuracy question on all this, this is based upon what the accuracy, based upon what

Speaker 1: The, just linguistics and presenting this data and just the analysis of it.

Okay, so like, let

[Speaker 3]: Me give you a perfect example. We did a review of a video. Somebody was making a real’s presentation. We took the video in and we went through the whole thing. Ben pointed out all these things and the sales guy was saying right on. And Ben did not watch the video, did not read the transcript, did not listen to the call.

And every place he was pointing into the graph, the guy was going right on. Then I, I was sitting back watching the whole thing and at the end of it I looked at it the, I took it in the overall contact and I said, Kyle, based on what I’m seeing here, it looks like this meeting should not even have happened. This was not a sales meeting that they were not privately paired.

And I said, it looks like whatever happened on the front end, it broke out.

[Speaker 3]: And he says to me, Brett, you’re absolutely right. This thing was completely forced. So not only did Ben hit the spots right on by reading just the graphs, we could also take a holistic look at it and see the front end of the pipeline, whatever was happening there was not serving up quality prospects.

Whether it was the lead gen, whether it was the nurturing, right? Whether it was the qualification. So what that means, right, is you can take this and you can look at what’s happening on the front end from a completely different framework. And there’s another thing I wanna point out. We are now in the age of remote sales.

Everything’s being recorded. So if we are doing all these video presentations, who has time to go over all these individual 60, 30, 90-minute videos?

Speaker 2: They don’t do it [Speaker 3]: And nobody’s there. It’s remote. It’s absolutely impossible when you can take the video, upload it to a quick analysis, self-analysis team analysis, a conversation coach, come in, and work with your team, which would be ideal because they’d really know and the analytics are all there.

And the other thing that I wanna point out that is so powerful with this, it’s contextual. The personnel reports are a great starting point. But as you can see, it always changes. It always fluctuates. Exactly. And when you can look at that in the context of what’s happening, we have the rapport stage, we have the qualification stage, we have the presenting, we have the closing objection handling, all those are components.

What is happening within those? If I have the data points based on contextual conversations, based on what’s really happening and I can come in, not only can you analyze that very quickly, the turnaround time for improvement is like that.

Speaker 2: Absolutely. Not only can you improve the selling end, but you can improve the front end.

Who do we really wanna talk to?

[Speaker 3]: Great question. Two other aspects. Team selling. This works with multiple people, five people on one side of the table on the video, and five people on the other. Everybody’s in there. Let’s say it’s a multistep sales meeting process. Hey Bob, you aren’t connecting with Mary, you’re off this call.

Steve, you’re connecting with Lou. So you can be analyzing this from who is relating to who. And so this whole aspect of how do you handle this next level of training in remote sales is all built into the way this takes those contextual sales conversations. Mm-hmm. . Now there are two other things.

What about churn? What about lost deals? How is this thing finishing up if we’re losing a lot of deals, if we’re losing clients afterward, there are other components of the system that analyze email and all this. So you can look at other aspects of this. What if you have somebody that’s closing high but they’re canceling afterward? What is happening more than that? So the analytics go from the beginning to the end to

Amazing. Amazing, amazing. [Speaker 3]: As a salesperson, okay, as a sales trainer, as a sales manager, as a VP of sales, if you can’t look at this stuff and get flipping excited, you are dead. Right?

Speaker 2: , I’m telling you. I’m telling you, you’re an idiot. As I said, it’s like opting out of wanting to deal with the internet.

[Speaker 3]: This is the most exciting thing I’ve ever see.

Speaker 2: Me too. This

[Speaker 3]: Technology. Me

Speaker 2: Too. Yeah, me too.

[Speaker 3]: Ai. AI and machine learning for sales. Like a lot of industries, it’s so pioneering. We have no idea what places these are going.

This is just a starting point. And like Ben said, so when we get into video analysis, this is something Ben custom designed based on CIA terrorists, and interrogation techniques, right? Ben? And what were some of the perimeter on that? There are how many different signals, body signals, what is

Speaker 1: It? Yeah, like from what they train us in a two year program, there’s 129 body language triggers.

So what I realized is like there’s six core fundamentals that if you actually imply anywhere from one to these six in any simple conversation, you’ll actually have more effectiveness in your conversation. So we took those, that initial grouping because we can actually literally show you where there’s disbelief from either the sales rep or the prospect in the conversation due to body language change.

So imagine this, Jim, you’re going through your presentation, right? And as a sales rep, you aren’t what you are saying. And the thing is your body language is expressing it even though you’re trying to mask it with the fake it till you make it smile and blah blah. And the prospect is just sitting there going, their body language is feeling and reading your body language and as a result it’s something’s not right.

If that makes sense. Yeah. What you’re gonna be able to point out is you’re gonna be able to coach people and go, Hey Ben, like minute 32, when you are going through this, you are literally expressing you don’t believe what’s going on. So either you were thinking about something else or you are starting to argue with your partner in the head or you are like something else was going on, you were responding to or Speaker 2: You had fear.

Or you had fear. When you’re presenting the price and asking for the calling them to action, which a hundred percent more than 50%, people just, they fear asking for the deal. [Speaker 3]: Every top closer knows that when you go from the transition from presenting to closing, it has to be seamless. There can’t be blip and pace or emotion.

It has to be as natural as it gets. The analogy I get is it’s like the end of a great date and you both wanna give each other a kiss. It’s just the natural conclusion of a great date. But what I wanna point out is all these guys, I’m an NML P practitioner, right? This puts N L P in the garbage camp because Speaker 2: Yeah, [Speaker 3]: It’s all based on science and things that we may not even pick up.

If I’m focused on say what I’m talking about and all that, I might not see it little this or this or this or whatever is indicating something, then I can come back, I can look at this report not only on the linguistic and the behavioral side of things, but on the visual body language side and go, wow, I was expressing something that got picked up visually that I wasn’t even aware of.

And then you could say, Hey Bob, when you got to the closing, you’re obviously having issues with this. So when somebody has a problem closing, it might be they don’t believe in the product, right? They might think the price is too high, they might be forcing something that it was too soon to go to. This is an analytical tool that puts remote sales at a whole different level.

[Speaker 3]: Mm-hmm. , this might not even have been the right person for whatever was being presented. Remote sales is great because we can live anywhere and work anywhere and we’re more productive. We don’t have to travel all those things. But now we can combine the analytics that now makes, Holy cow, if you’re not doing sales presentations with Zoom or they’re being recorded, you are missing out, right? Like I want somebody in a recorded scenario so I can come back and not only enhance what I’m doing, but on a remote team, what if you have dozens or hundreds or thousands of sales reps? How do you manage that? Speaker 2: And also too, what I see is in the hiring process, right? Because the worst thing that goes on is how do you know you’re hiring a true sales superstar? So if I can have you as part of, for example, whenever I hire someone, they have to give me a two minute video where they tell me, number one, why is it that I should hire you? And number two, why is it that you feel you’re gonna be successful with our product? So if I can analyze those kind of videos right up front as a manager, it’s gonna save me a lot of heartache and a lot of money.

[Speaker 3]: Absolutely. And so again mm-hmm , you can write up the questions, right? That you want them to respond to. Mm-hmm , you can take that in. Are they authentic? Right? Are these people being authentic? Are, do they have confidence? Do they believe, are they really excited about your product? You and I know from mass time of experience in the field, if somebody doesn’t really believe in what they’re doing, if they’re not en enthusiastic about it, they’re not gonna last long.

Right? I wanna do this cuz I wanna make a six figure income. Wrong answer, right, Wrong answer. Now you can have that in conjunction. The two top things is you need belief and enthusiasm. That’s what transfers. And I learned that lesson when I was in my early twenties and they said, Hey, you can make six figures selling life insurance.

So I get my life insurance license, I go out on my first presentation in the middle of my first presentation, I realize I don’t wanna sell life insurance. This has gotta be the most boring thing in the world. And I was one and done even before my first presentation. And that funny. But I was like, wait, six figures means nothing if you’re not interested in selling what you’re selling.

Yeah. Speaker 2: That’s amazing. Yeah. That’s amazing. Wow. The application’s just amazing. Amazing. Yeah. [Speaker 3]: So you can see this is transformational, right? So this whole thing is really designed for the ultimate in remote selling. Yeah. If you’re in remote sailing or you have a remote sales team and you wanna be on the cutting edge, if you’re an early adopter, that’s what we’re looking for, right? This is so new.

This is so outside the box. Most people have no idea you could do this. No, Speaker 1: They have no idea. [Speaker 3]: No idea. Now you asked the question at the beginning about how there’s other things that are doing variant to this. Okay? So we are very aware there’s always people doing stuff infl, various flavors.

The two differences that I think we bring to the table is creativity and speed. Like how do we take these ideas and implement them with speed in a relative way? There’s so many companies out there that they’ll have the technology, they’ll have the research, but that’s where it stops. How do you apply it? We see this time and again with companies that program software and you got all the features, you got all the widgets, but there’s no underlying philosophy of how you actually take it to the market, apply it in a way that’s usable and the way it gets results.

So you can have all this data, you can have all the data points, but how do you actually implement it? And so that’s what we’re really focused on is, and like Ben mentioned, there’s a whole new user interface. There are so many things here that we haven’t even discussed. For example, being able to do your prospecting, where you’re prospecting your outreach, say on LinkedIn or cold email is based on that person’s personality style.

Speaker 1: So what that means is when you’re prospecting and you pull a list of the thousand companies, you’re gonna automate your messaging to, right? What we can do is you can upload that list into our system. Our system will then segment that into the four personality styles. And then based on those four personality styles, you send out unique messages message to each personality group.

Wow. And when we were doing that, initially I was getting a cold connection rate of 33%. [Speaker 3]: I have the software that we’re building for that. We’re getting ready to hook up the API right now and then we’ll start building that personalization. But the two challenges everybody has, but specifically in sales is digital pollution, meaning too much coming at you, too much information and personalization at scale.

But the ones that nail the highest level of personalization at scale. So we’re talking about is it resonating with their personality type? Are you able to bring in AI to adjust or machine learning to adjust for where they’re at right now in their job or the position or what’s going on. So this where social listening comes in cuz there’s applications that we’re gonna be bringing into that.

So being on the cutting edge of how you take these technologies and apply 'em to cut through digital pollution and personalization at scale and being able to do it, understanding what we’re trying to accomplish here in remote sales. [Speaker 3]: We’re so hyper focused on that. That our intent is to be excellent.

And if you can give that to a remote salesperson or a remote sales team and we run off a SFI model, SFI is an acronym for simple, easy, fast, intuitive. So if we’re not operating in that vein, then we come back, we rework it cuz we all know sales people, they need it. Simple, easy, fast, intuitive cuz we’re going a million miles an hour.

We’re not dead entry processors. Well AI baby, when you’re out in the field. Yep. And we all wanna be operating like this because that we wanna be in the groove, we wanna be in the zone, We wanna be having that attitude of abundance. We got more leads than we can handle. We’re going a million miles an hour closing deals, when’s the next time to make a sale right after you made one.

Mm-hmm . We want people to be operating in that. So there’s a philosophical mindset, an attitude behind what we’re doing. It’s not just the technology, it’s how do you creatively apply it. Speaker 2: Yes. Yes. I get that. And you mentioned also too, we have the capacity to do practice right before the sale.

So you get the personality type and you can do practicing into that sale before you actually do the [Speaker 3]: Sale. A a perfect example. So you deal with a lot of people at various levels of expertise, right? Correct. So for example, you could have somebody that is just nailing it, that’s gone through your training, right? Mm-hmm.

, then you say this is the benchmark of our analytics. Then you have somebody that’s new and you can do a side by side and you say, Okay, so this is what you’re doing. Now here’s the cool thing about selling. You have your unique way of doing it, right? You’re very good at it. Okay? So this is not about changing the way you sell.

This is about enhancing how you train and do it. I have my way. So you see the benefit here. So you can go in and every company, I don’t care what training they’ve been through because of the way the VP does it or the manager does, there’s their flavor, their nuance, their style, and then the type of sales people they get for their industry or their type of clients.

So this is agnostic. The agnostic and the diagnostics are the same no matter what your style of selling is. Speaker 1: And Jim, there’s also a I Speaker 2: Speaking the diagnostics or the same, Speaker 1: There’s a tool we’re working on right now literally is a, which is the pitch me tool, which is for hiring salespeople or for sales strain.

For sales sim warm up. So literally what it does is you just log into the tool, you load the page and it pops up your video and you pitch it for literally two minutes. And then what happens is on the screen as you’re pitching, it just starts presenting random objections, random thing we’ve loaded into the system.

And then you can actually get a report after the fact of you complete that two minute session, five minute session, right? Cause you gotta get your brain switched in every time you go into a conversation. This is what a lot of people don’t do. As we’re talking yesterday, the first 30 minutes of their calls wondering why they’re off the game and why they just burnt 30 conversations, right? Speaker 1: So you can do it with our system within the first few minutes, but what it does will then do is also compare you to your top five winning baseline calls.

Mm-hmm , to show you how you’re either on or off based on your past history. Uh, and so it’s starting to aggregate your core volume and things like that. So we’re creating tools like, and these were requests from people, people we are working with. How can I use it for a warmup tool? How can I use it for hiring? So once again, you can share this link with people who are hiring and go look, sell me the iPhone.

Why should I buy the iPhone? You got two minutes. And through that audition right, you’re auditioning them, it’s gonna tell you their personality type, it’s gonna tell you their ocean score and tell you based on that are they even a good fit to your team? All of this type of stuff becomes very important cuz you can look at this person and go, Look, they sound great.

They weren’t so great on their pitch but unfortunately because of their personality style, they’re gonna ruffle a few feathers with the team members. I was gonna put 'em on so I’ve gotta rearrange them in another position. Or look, if there’s not a good culture fit, there ain’t a good culture fit, you’re just gonna have more problems.

Mm-hmm. Speaker 2: . Yes, absolutely. Very. Speaker 1: A two minute audition. Within 30 seconds you’re gonna know that rather than trusting that gut instinct or everything else that kind of goes through this, which is all problematic in Speaker 2: Going four to six months to a year only to find out they didn’t work.

Anyway. [Speaker 3]: So guess one of the things I’ve learned from my experience, I believe anybody can be successful in sales depending on a few factors, right? Number one is they gotta believe in the product, they gotta like it, they wanna be motivated to go through the learning curve. Those are core things that just need to be there.

But critical factor where the have success or failure, not just in this sales anything is can you get enough what I call soft reps in order to get to where you feel comfortable and competent? Right? And I’ll give you a perfect example from the sports field. So I played rugby, I coach rugby coach, youth rugby.

So one of the things that’s very critical in rugby is we don’t use pads and tackling, right? So we have these young kids and if they don’t tackle, they’re gonna get their bell or get a concussion. [Speaker 3]: And then we have another thing called a rock, which is a very complex contact activity in rugby where you’re actively trying to contest a ball after the tackle.

And it’s very easy to get hurt if you don’t have the mechanics. So that in order to learn this, I do what are called soft reps where we go through the body mechanics of this in countless measure over and over again without heavy contact light contact, right? So it’s the same thing that we wanna do in sales. Our number one goal is a business owner or a VP of sales is we want these people to have success.

So we wanna give them best chance of having success. So the number one thing that you need to do is take away sales pressure. And most companies put sales pressure on sales reps too soon. It is what we want is as many soft reps as we can get. [Speaker 3]: Because the key to success is how many failures you can get keep going forward.

So you’re learning as you go. Sales is a learning as you go process. So if I’m putting unnecessary pressure or I’m identifying things that people need to do before they’re ready, you don’t go from little league to the major leagues in one season. Mm-hmm. . So we have to have a process for graduating people up that they can just be themselves failure’s, Okay, let’s get your soft reps in and then let’s look at the analytics and say go get 'em Tiger.

Keep going through it. So a lot of companies, if they were smart, they would take their newer reps and say, I want you to work these older leads. I don’t care if you make a sale. We don’t give a crap about that. What we want is you to get comfortable in our whole process. [Speaker 3]: And I did this one thing where I learned this lesson, this was in the nineties.

And I brought in phone reps and I, I couldn’t hire sales reps cuz they were terrible. They did not do it. So I hired customer service people and created the selling mechanism on the package we sent out, not making the reps sales people. So I said, this is what I did. I said, I need you to make 300 dial a day and that’s all I want you to do.

Because I wanted to discipline to the activity. And they’d say, So what Speaker 2: Do I say? Yeah, habituation. [Speaker 3]: Yeah. I said, I don’t care what you say. And they’d say, What? I don’t care what you say, I just want you to get comfortable dial. So it took about a week and a half and I only wanted 'em to do it one day.

Once they hit 300 dials in one day, they were done with that activity. So what did that accomplish? The discipline. Okay. The activity and then being themselves. I won. Mm-hmm every time. I never lost anybody because we did that in about a week and a half. So once you can be yourself and your discipline and you could do the activity, win win.

And then we Speaker 2: Added, right? [Speaker 3]: And question based customer service oriented sales process. And so this is about getting soft reps in to where you can be yourself and be disciplined and structured. So the key focus is activity goals lead to, Speaker 2: It’s [Speaker 3]: Super disappointing that he don’t seem interested in this.

Speaker 2: Yeah, keep talking. It’ll, by the way Brett, that was an extraordinary illustration using the rugby analogy to this process. So I visualized it and then connected it so seamlessly, right? I’m gonna steal that from you. [Speaker 3]: You steal all you want. I don’t care. I have a heart of sales people.

I know how hard, because when I first got into sales, I, I had a natural aptitude for it, okay? I was good as a kid. But what I found when I started getting into professional sales, they lied, they cheated, they manipulated, they sold crappy products, they didn’t pay whatever it was. And I went through a few rounds and I said, You know what? Screw this, I’m gonna go start my own company.

Which I did, but then I have to teach myself. But I had gotten into Zig Zigler when I started reading his books and tapes. But what happened was I saw these companies weren’t applying this and these did this, all this stuff that was wrong in it varied ways. So I had to figure this out myself. And just like you, I developed my own method through all these different pieces and then it worked and then I got really good at it.

But what I have a heart for sales people, cuz so many of 'em are being just, they’re just used, right? They’re like, toilet paper come in. Oh yeah, we’re gonna run you through the grinder Speaker 2: And totally unprepared. [Speaker 3]: It’s not fair. It’s just not Speaker 2: Fair. It’s not, It’s a failing industry.

The [Speaker 3]: Way they treat people is just not fair. That’s my big thing I’ve done really well in where I really excel is putting the things in place for sales people and sales teams to rock it. And this is what I say, I said, my commitment to you is that you’ll have everything you need to be successful.

So the only thing, the reason you why you won’t is this just isn’t for you or you don’t want to do it, which is totally acceptable. I get it. If you don’t like this niche or whatever, you actually really don’t like sale, that’s totally understandable. Not for everybody, but it will not be because you say like Brent didn’t put it in place, There wasn’t the system or the process or the leads or because I’ve done it, I’ve done it for myself, I’ve done it in countless situations.

I excel at it. I know one needs to be there. So I’m radically emphatic about putting those things like militant to help people be successful because I want you, there’s a couple things that I want you to work from home. I want you to be removed. I want you to have a great lifestyle. I want you to have the same things that I have created and like for myself.

Treat people how you wanna be treated. So if I want those for myself, then like jig Segler says, if you help enough other people get what they want, you’re Speaker 2: Gonna have everything in life you want. [Speaker 3]: Now you can use that in a manipulative way, but if you truly believe that and truly operate from that, like he had a company, a division that I was the top sales guy in and the top sales team leader, because I believed in that.

I, that was what I cut my teeth on is Zig Ziegler. And so did you. Okay. Because Speaker 2: Set tapes. Yeah. Yeah. Because set tapes. Yeah, tapes a little red the book, [Speaker 3]: Right? Yeah. So if it, So to me your core success mechanism in sales is your philosophy. What is your life philosophy? What is your character? What is your mindset? Because all those other things build on that.

And this tool is the most exciting thing that’s ever freaking happened to sales. And it’s absolutely essential for remote sales. Absolutely. I started looking in this AI, machine learning, personality profiling, social listening. When I was working on consulting project in 2015, I believed in it so much, been a year research.

And then I invested a ton of money building a software platform around it for a crm. And then I had to pause it in 2019 because the API on two different things. One got eight x the price and the other one, they shut it down. And I have waited six years to be able to do what we’re doing right now, six years. It didn’t pop into my life and I had to learn this.

I was like, Holy cow brother, let’s run with this. Speaker 2: Yeah. And I’m at the point too where I already know this is the next move. This is [Speaker 3]: It. And so what you said is it, so you saw this, you got it. And that’s our target. Like I’ve shown this to people and then they don’t get it or they don’t excited right.

Next. Okay. Cuz we’re an innovator and early adopter cycles, that’s where we’re at right now. Exactly. And if you look at this and you get as fired up as I do, come on board. Yeah. User or sales rep. If you look at this and go, I don’t get it. I said, Okay, see you next round. You’re either late adopter or laggard.

And the laggard are the ones that are getting excited about paperclips right now. They’re like, wow. Paperclip. Speaker 2: That’s cool. Good stuff, man. Good stuff. Got one question. One last was but pleasure. Yeah, [Speaker 3]: We try to serve up big happiness sandwiches. Speaker 2: .

All right, great. I’ll tell later, Jim. Okay guys. Okay, Byebye. Thank you. You take care, Brett. Bye.