The 3-Step Sales Script

The 3 Step - Million Dollar Sales Script

Disclaimer:

This is just one of the script frameworks taught as part of the 5X Sales Coaching program. The CLOSER framework also includes advanced conversation questions that leverage behavioral intelligence to have your leads persuade themselves. You can learn more about that at
behavior.so/5xsales.

This is the only sales training you will ever need.

This is the only sales script you will ever need to work with. You can use it to sell any product or service you ever want to sell.

This script can be worth 100 million dollars to you over your lifetime. This framework works! Without high pressure or sleazy sales tactics used to manipulate people into buying from you.

This document contains the 3-Step Sales Script template aka the Million Dollar Never Need Another Script Again Sales Process.

This script can be used for any type of sales call, or in-person sales process. It’s called the prescription close and was created by Taki Moore. The Behavior Sales team has expanded on this framework
to add behavior intelligence questions into this script. When you use this sales script framework in conjunction with the Behavior Sales Insights you will become a master closer.

This framework is based on defining Results, defining Reality, and defining Roadblocks. If you use this framework while understanding a person’s personality type. You will authentically connect faster and easier than before. (Remember you can convert an email into a personality type with the Behavior Sales Insights report.) Without any high pressure, or sleazy sales tactics that create buyer’s remorse.

2022-10-04_10-45-05

There is a template at the end of the explainer you can use. You can download the PDF of this inside the book resources section.

3-Step Sales Script Explainer.

Block 1: Rapport | Agenda

This block is 60 seconds or less. This block is extremely important in establishing trust and rapport. How you handle this part of the call determines how you will handle the rest of the call. If you lose
control here you will continue to lose control on the call.

You need to start strong and confident on the call. This is extremely important. People want to follow a confident leader. If you fail to lead, you will fail to convert. People buy based on confidence
and emotion then justifies with logic.

Rapport does not require you to spend 30 minutes talking about the weather or what you did on the weekend. Rapport can be created by confidence, leadership, and asking the right questions.

Elements of Block 1:

• Introduce yourself.
  • Establish a time frame and set the agenda. This creates a clear plan people can follow.
  • Don’t assume the sale, you are looking for a fit. If there is not a fit you’ll advise them on what to do next.
  • Rapport is established through confidence and taking control.
  • You will notice we are getting the lead to rapidly say yes, early on the call. But you are taking the No frame and never assuming the sale.
  • It is really important to have a clear and comfortable transition between each block of the call. These are usually clean and crisp short statements. It’s also a great point to check in with the lead.
  • This is a conversation, no pressure or hype. It’s a conversation that will have the lead selling you why they want to work with you. Therefore it does not require pressure on your side to force the close.

Here is an example of the script you can use:

*“Hey, [LeadName] in it’s [YourName] here from [Location]. How are you going? *

Glad that we could connect. I’ve got a little note in my diary that we’ve got a short [Call-Length] 10-minute call booking right now. Is that right?

Perfect. So glad that I got the time, right? My job today is really, really simple. I want to ask you a few questions just to work out if or how I can help you. And if it feels like I can help you. I’ll let you know politely and I’ll do my best to point you in the right direction. If it feels like I can help you that I’ll let you know that too. And let’s look at another time to talk about how is that okay.

Okay, so like I said, we’ve got 10 minutes. I’ve got somebody booked in straight after you. So we need to keep the I’ll keep the questions simple. If you can keep your answers tight. That will mean we can get through this together. Just work out if we’re a good fit or not. Okay?

All right. Let’s get started.”

Here is another version of the script that might flow better for you:

“So my job today is to ask you a few questions just to work out how I can help. If I feel like I can’t help you, I’ll let you know politely and do my best to point you in the right direction. If I feel like I can help,
we’ll book another time to talk about how is that.

We’ve only got 10 minutes, and I got someone straight after you. So if it’s okay with you, we need to I’ll keep my answers simple. didn’t keep my questions. If you can keep your answers short. That means we can keep the time and really work out if we’re a match or not. That good with you?”

This statement is important and it requests permission while keeping things focused.

Another example script:

“Hey, is this LeadName?

Hey, it’s [Your Name] here in [location]. How’s it going?

So where are you calling from?

I’m glad to hear Listen, I’ve got a note here that you contacted me for a call right now to work out a plan and kind of brainstorm if I got the time right?

Thanks so much for being on time. We’ve got a bunch of things I want to work on. So let’s just get started, shall we?

Perfect.

So listen, I have a general loose framework that I use for conversations like these just to make sure that we cover all the bases and you walk out of here with a really good plan because, you know, this call is about you. It’s not about me. Is that cool?

Great. So listen, there are three things that I really want us to do here. But first, I want to get really clear about where you want to go, and what success looks like for you. The clearer that is, the easier it’s going to be for us to get a plan together. Is that cool?

Good. So second, I want to talk about how it is for [LeadName] right now, what’s working, what’s not, and what you’ve tried. So I know exactly what we’ve got to work with. Is that cool?

Great, [LeadName]. So listen, then, once I know where you want to go, and how it is right now, then what I love to do is just work out all the roadblocks that are getting in the way or slowing you
down so that we can put this plan together. Does that sound okay with you?

Ok, great let’s get started. ”

You can also add this statement to give them control if they need it.

“And by the way, if at any point during this conversation, you feel like we missed something important. Please stop me and let me know. Okay?”

You want it ok for people to say no and give them permission. They may not ever stop you, but if you don’t give them permission they may not relax.

Block 2: Why Me? Why Now?

This box block is also called a decision. Because it has people focused on the decisions they have made to be on the call today. It tells you about the person’s motivations and expectations they have with this call.

This block forces the lead to focus on reality. By answering the Why Me question they are selling themselves by working with you. This also allows you to understand their current mindset about the buying decision.

The why now questions allow you to focus on the problem or pain they are experiencing. This will provide you with Trigger Words (adjectives) that should be repeated in conversation with the lead.

This will automatically reinforce you are listening and more importantly hearing what they are saying.

Remember every person has an inherent desire to be heard. If people know you are authentically listening to them you will be able to captivate their focus.

This type of question also removes the wasted chit-chat from the call. You get people out of the I just want free information and get them talking about real problems, and what they want from
this call.

Example script:

“Ok, let’s get started.

Why me? And Why now? “

Another example:

“Ok, what I want to know before we get started is why me and why now?”

If they say what do you mean? your response would be as follows:

“What’s going on in your [Business, Life, Health] right now, that makes this the perfect time to be having this conversation?

What’s the problem we’re here to solve?”

Pay attention to the trigger words used here. These words should be getting written into the block on your template. This will keep you focused and help you with the next call. When you are using Behavior Sales - Sales Insights we will help you identify these trigger phrases as part of our report.

Another script example:

“So before we get started, I’m curious. [LeadName], what made you choose [YourCompanyName]? And why is talking about this so important to you right now?”

Block 3: So tell me about…

With this block, we are now getting the lead to speak about what they do. This will once again help you understand their mindset and how to engage them.

Additional questions that you can add to this section would be:

“What’s important about your [Work, Relationship, Topic]?” This is where people will respond with a list of the triggers of most importance to them.

Example script:

“Tell me about your business. Specifically, Who do you help? What kind of problems do you solve? And how does it work?”

At this point, you need to shut up and listen. Do not try to fill in the blanks here or put words in their mouth. Count to three in your head if you need to keep yourself from talking. Silence makes people uncomfortable and they will want to fill in the silence.

You will notice that if you ask one question people will waffle.

However, if you ask two or three questions they will keep their answer focused.

Remember that this is a guiding script and does not always flow like this. When you ask people about what they want they may answer what life is like right now. Or vice versa. That’s ok, roll with
it and then ask the question you need to get answered.

Block 4: Defining the Gap

With this block, you need to be aware of your 3-5 conversion categories. These are the topics that are most important to your prospect to determine if they are a good fit.

For example here are some of these topics:

• Lead generation
  • Monthly income
  • Sales Strategy
  • Fitness level
  • Profit
  • Revenue
  • Email list size
  • pen rates
  • Team

You want to be focused on these topics as they relate to how you help people. Without knowing these categories you will not know the metrics you need to extract from people on your call.

Example script:

“Suppose that we were having this conversation 12 months from now. And you and me, are looking back, and all that has happened, what would have needed to happen with your [insert conversion category] with your [topic] for you to feel happy with your progress?”

Every time they tell you something you want to apply positive reinforcement. This gives people a dopamine rush because they are getting praise. So they will continue to tell you more about what they
want. Each time they tell you something say “awesome|nice|good|great… what else?”

Another script example:

“So what I want to do now is understand your goals and where you are right now in a couple of categories. What’s your [topic category] right now? And what do you want it to be?”

When you ask the questions you need to be taking notes and reference their exact words. Not your words, and remember to not put words in their mouth.

One of the script questions you can ask here is;

“How will having that [trigger phrase] do for you?”
This question will help you understand if they are towards or away from language patterns. Do they need to move away from pain or towards pleasure? This is important to understand when presenting your solutions.

Another great question is to understand their decision-making process. You can ask “How do you know you have done a good job?”

This will tell you if they have internal or external validation.

Block 5: What’s Missing or Broken?

In this block, you are going to ask them exactly what is missing or broken, and they will tell you. This allows you to validate you can help them. But allows you to get clear on how you need to present
your solution.

When you present your solution to solving this problem you don’t need high-pressure tactics to sell your products or services.

Script example:

“So in your opinion, what do you think is broken or missing right now?”

Block 6: What do you need?

This block is focused on understanding what the person believes they need to achieve their goals. It is a very simple question.

“Based on what you know now what is it you need to do to achieve
your goals?”

Block 7: The Clock

With this part of the conversation, you are applying the clock to understand if is this something they want to fix now or later. If it is NOT a new thing then the close is not going to happen. This means the door option is NOT a fit and requires you to refer to a better fit. Or apply a reminder to follow up in your CRM at the right time.

Example script:

“Is this a later thing or a sooner thing?”

With this statement, you have assumed the no first. And require people to assess the clock on their decision-making process. Putting the no first is another example of giving people the power to say no and be ok with the answer.

Block 8: Problem Check-in

This is where you check in with your lead to validate you understand their needs. The flow of this part of the conversation follows the biggest problem and its impact from their perspective.

For example:

“So right now you are [RealityTopicOne]_ and you want to get to [Goal]___ but are not sure __[RoadBlock].

So right now you are [RealityTopicTwo]_ and you want to get to [Goal]___ but are not sure __[RoadBlock].

So right now you are [RealityTopicThree]_ and you want to get to [Goal]___ but are not sure __[RoadBlock].

Did I miss anything?”

Block 9: Show them the door

Your job here is to identify if this person is a fit or not for your offer. That means right now you have two options.

1. Fit.
  2. Not a fit.

If they are not a fit for your offer the script would be something
like this:

“Hey, thanks so much for that. This has been really, really interesting for me, I’ve got a page full of notes right here. And I said right at the start today, my job was to ask you a few questions and
just work out if or how I can help. And I said that if I couldn’t help you, I’d let you know politely and do my best to point you in the right direction. So based on what you told me, I really don’t think I’m the person for you.

You really want something like X, Y, and Z. And that’s not exactly what we do. So what I recommend is [Alternative Action They Can Take If You Know]_

Listen, it’s been great to chat. Appreciate the time, good to get to know you. And I wish you every success in the future.”

If they are a fit then this would be the script:

“I’ve got a page full of notes here. It sounds like the three biggest problems for you are, So right now you are [RealityTopicThree]_ and you want to get to [Goal]___ but are not sure __[RoadBlock]

So right now you are [RealityTopicThree]_ and you want to get to [Goal]___ but are not sure __[RoadBlock]

So right now you are [RealityTopicThree]_ and you want to get to [Goal]___ but are not sure __[RoadBlock]

Is that right?

Got It.

I said up front that my job was to ask you a bunch of questions and really work out if or how I can help you. And I said if I couldn’t help you, I’d let you know politely and try to point you in the right direction. And I also said that if I felt like I could help you then I said we would book another time to talk about how I could help you.

So the good news is, these problems, we were just talking about a problem. I eat problems like that for breakfast. So the next step for us is to book in another time to talk about how.

Booking next steps…

• My assistant will send you a link for another time to schedule for next week for us to discuss how I can help you.
  • Choose a time in the calendar.

When we do talk next it will be for [X Time], and here is what I want to talk about … Does that sound ok?

Because I got a page full of notes I will be able to dive straight in to help define that plan to help you achieve your goals.

Talk to you soon. Bye.”

The goal of this script is to help you filter the people you are talking with. So you don’t waste time presenting your offer to the wrong people. This script is also extremely conversational and al-
lows you to extract important motivations from each person.

Helping you to connect faster specifically when you use the Personality Insights report.

On the script template you will notice on the right-hand side of the page there are some shortcodes to assist your note-taking.

Personality: DISC to remember their personality type.

Towards|Away: Is their language pattern for answering “What will be having that (trigger phrase) do for you?”

Internal|External: Is their language pattern for answering “How do you know you have done a good job?”

Options|Procedures: Is there a language pattern for answering

“Why did you choose [work|business|job|activity]?”

Trigger Phrases: This is for noting adjectives or specific words that are said with emotional importance.

Back to People Ignorant Book Index

Click here to go back to the Lesson Index

Share Your Insights Below

Please post your comments and ideas below. The more you share your ideas and the insights you learned from this book, the faster you will master it.