Money Mindset: Think and Grow Rich Missing Secret

MONEY MINDSET

Let’s talk about Money Mindset.

I have forty grand or a little bit more sitting on my table right now. And I do it because money has energy, a motivational trigger. And if you’ve read anything about the law of attraction, Think and Grow Rich. This stack of money is all emotion and your emotions to money, like it or not are subconsciously impacting you right now.

• How you feel about making money.
  • How you feel about your worth.
  • The shame you feel about money and wealth.
  • How you approach opportunities.
  • How you approach your finances.

Are all what we want to transform by becoming aware of our emotions, positive and negative.

Because for the longest period of time, I had really bad trouble with saving money. I could get money for the things I wanted. But I never had the cash in my account that I wanted to have. I was always fighting to get more money to get the thing I wanted.

I had to set goals for myself. Goals like get six figures or seven figures in my bank balance and I never have to worry about money. But at the end of the day. Money causes a lot of emotional pain for everybody. And I want to talk about the mindset that we have as it relates to money.

Right now, as I talk about money, think about the questions that are going on in your head. What’s that little voice in your head saying right now? What are you hearing?

Think about what your body is doing. Are you having a physical response that’s positive or negative when it comes to money?

That’s something that you want to get aware of. Ask yourself, why am I having this physical response?

Because if you’ve got money goals, and your body is having a negative physical reaction, it’s going to sabotage your goals towards money and create that balanced equilibrium. Everyone’s got balance equilibrium and where we go back to, on what feels safe and secure.

For some people, it’s the fight. It’s the grind. Constantly grinding.

Constantly fighting. Where others can build a slush fund of money. And that’s really important. You have to be aware that “Think and Grow Rich” was fascinating. But at the time when it was
released, it was blacklisted. It was also filtered which was quite fascinating.

"Think and Grow Rich” tells us you get what you focus on. If you’re not good with money, you want to start to build some money base skills.

For example, build your arithmetic, build your math skills, understand the definitions of the words associated with money.

What’s the profit?

What’s net profit?

What’s revenue?

What’s taxation?

And how does taxation work?

I’m not saying to have a thesis in it. I’m just saying have a core, rough understanding. Because the more you can understand a topic, the more you can demystify and embrace it. Something is either empowering you or sabotaging you.

Think and Grow Rich Missing Secret

But most people don’t realize there was a missing step as part of “Think and Grow Rich”. And it was deliberately removed by the editors at the time of publishing. Let me explain why the book was intentionally published with the missing secrets.

Johnson O’Connor created a Research Foundation at the exact same time of Think and Grow Rich being published. Most people don’t know that Think and Grow Rich was getting blacklisted and removed from bookstores at the time. A lot of the wealthy people were worried about the book causing issues with their workforce. But Johnson O’Connor discovered the missing secret that people needed to do to be able to capitalize on their thoughts.

All of this research was funded by GEC, General Electric Company. If you don’t know about General Electric, they are one of the largest companies in the world, still today. They own a lot of the technologies associated with electricity, lightbulbs, you name it. The stuff that runs the world. And they put millions and millions of dollars into this research.

Johnson O’Connor was an American researcher and an educatorand he was the pioneering advocate for aptitude testing. And they studied absolutely everybody. Absolutely everybody, from criminals, to lawyers, to doctors, to nurses to students. They studied everybody across the entire walk of life at the time.

And what they found is that the average person has a grade four reading rate. And a grade four reading rate is an indicator of low success or what I classified as the prison effect. You’re most likely
to be working in a prison or behind bars. If your reading rate and your vocabulary rate is actually at a grade four level. Your chances of achieving success are extremely low due to your comprehension. And what’s fascinating is this was all extracted out of the Think and Grow Rich book. It was hidden from a lot of people, it just said, think about what you want but what they removed was the chapter how do I Think and Grow Rich.

One of the best things you can do to improve your money mindset is improve your vocabulary. Improve your basic math skills.

You might be like, ah, Ben, I left school or I dropped out of school, or I haven’t done that stuff in years. I’m not asking you to go and get a Ph.D. I’m not asking you to read the dictionary. I’m asking you to take less than five minutes a day and challenge yourself for some mental games that you can use.

I use an app to do all of this. The app I use is called Elevate. And it literally gives me four games that I play while I’m having my tea in the morning. I play this and it improves my mental acuity and im-
proves my memory. And there’s a whole lot of stuff. And I paid literally like 15 or 20 bucks for this app. And it’s fantastic. There’s a whole lot of amount there, find one that works for you.

If you want to become rich, improve your comprehension of the world.

The more you can improve your vocabulary and understanding of words, the richer and more successful you will become. You’ll also start to have communication breakthroughs. Because you’ll no
longer take things personally or have communication breakdowns due to lack of understanding the words used by people. Understanding their true meanings will transform your awareness.

Research shows that most communication breakdowns occur because of a misunderstanding. Misunderstanding body language or misunderstanding language.

If you want to Think and Grow Rich, the question you need to be asking is, how do I Think and Grow Rich?

You need to improve my vocabulary.

Most CEOs and professionals have a grade 12 or higher vocabulary level, which is fantastic. If you want to be a CEO of a successful company, one of the best things you could be doing is reading books or using Audible, or improving your understanding of knowledge on various topics.

An audible subscription doesn’t cost much. The knowledge you want is out there, it’s your job to consume it. Take one hour a week of your TV time and put it to this and I can promise you, it will
make massive gains. And I’m not talking about doing one hour at a time, try doing five minutes a day. Make it micro, create tiny wins. I’m all about creating tiny games that I can play to challenge myself throughout the day.

Secret to Quality Questions.

Most salespeople fail to understand that their words are causing sales resistance. As part of the BehaviorSales.com behavioral intelligence platform we educate you on the phrases that trigger emotional resistance. The data shows that using the right questions as part of your sales conversation you’ll improve your sales conversions. Learn more at BehaviorSales.com

When it comes to Money Mindset you want to be thinking about quality questions - create a quality life. Think about the questions you’re asking yourself. For example, I don’t know how to start a business?

This question is also a negative based statement. Most people will often fill the air with their excuses as to why they are justifying that belief. Remember because you’ve got this far we are questioning all our beliefs and asking is this belief allowing me to thrive or die?

There is a little known secret that allows you to change the phrasing of this question. Which will instantly change how you approach getting the answer to this question.

It’s simple. All you need to do is add the word “yet?” to the end of all your questions.

For example: “I don’t know how to start a business yet.”

By adding the word yet on the end of everything. You start thinking through the action steps you need to take to get the answers to the questions you’re asking.

For example the follow up question to “I don’t know how to start a business yet” could be something like “well, how do I start a business?”

Change the way you ask questions and you’ll start transforming your success, wealth and confidence. Remember confidence is an action state, not a personality trait. You feel confident because you’re taking action.

Here are some other examples:

• How do I run Facebook ads?
  • How do I improve my sales?
  • How do I understand communication better?
  • How do I be more effective at understanding motivation?
  • How do I become a better lover?
  • How do I become a better person, a male, a female, a father, a mother?

How based questions are a positive action orientated statement that allows you to consciously and subconsciously find the answer. For example, have you ever gone to sleep thinking about a problem only to wake up with the answer? Or maybe you’re thinking about a problem then in the shower you have a thought that solves the problem.

You empower your subconscious to solve problems by asking how based questions.

Start asking “How” as a basic question. And put the word yet at the end of your negative statements. You’ll be amazed at how you instantly transform your thought and behavior patterns.

When you become aware of the statements you are saying to yourself and the questions you’re asking yourself. Most of us are negative trash-talking mofos. Therefore you aren’t leveraging your subconscious success butler.

Drunken Sailor Success Butler

We self-talk ourselves like a drunken sailor in a negative form.

Negative self-talk is a self-defeating cycle. You’re constantly sabotaging yourself and putting yourself down. That’s not good. You want to become aware of self-talk. This means the thoughts and
conversations that little voice in your head is having.

Remember, we are like dogs. If a dog pees on the carpet, you don’t just laugh at it and smack the dog and slap the dog, right? You don’t do that. We are no better than animals. How do you get a dog to stop peeing on the rug? You create new habits for the mammalian (animal) brain.

When you activate your mammalian reward system you’ll be able to create frameworks for new habits that stick much faster.

Humans live on positive reinforcement. The problem is TV, social media and a lot of the things we have in our life are reinforcing negative reinforcement. They’re reinforcing negative things.

• We’re not fit enough.
  • We’re not rich enough.
  • We don’t have a car.
  • We don’t have a house.
  • We don’t have, we don’t be, we don’t do, which is all BS.

What you want to be thinking about is what do you have? How do you do better? How do I get that? And asking quality questions because remember most of our beliefs are set when we’re five to
seven years old.

Start asking yourself, what are the beliefs that I have now?

• Are your current beliefs serving you? Become aware of your beliefs, habits, and emotions that you have.

I had a negative emotion because my parents went through a messy divorce. I thought having money meant that someone’s gonna take my money away from me and at some point I’d lose it. And people just want to take my money away from me.

I had plenty of stuff like cars, motorbikes, travel but I didn’t have true wealth. And when I was able to identify and destroy that belief. At the end of the day, I was then able to overcome it and realize that wealth creates opportunity, freedom, security, safety, passion, and everything I wanted to give to my family.

You want to really review your beliefs. Do you have this belief?

Becoming aware of your own beliefs requires you to question your response to everything. Because when you can become aware of your beliefs, you can start resetting your beliefs.

You’re not going to be able to do a microwave reset of all your beliefs. You won’t reset your beliefs just because you read this book. To reset your beliefs you need to take action and ask yourself the difficult questions.

But what you can do is become aware of what’s going on in your life. Become aware of your emotional beliefs and stories you’ve been told by your parents, your grandparents, your friends, your family, the TV about money. And start addressing it and transforming it.

We can help you transform things more rapidly. But at the end of the day, it’s awareness of these beliefs that will help you start to take action.

Back to People Ignorant Book Index

Click here to go back to the Lesson Index

Share Your Insights Below

Please post your comments and ideas below. The more you share your ideas and the insights you learned from this book, the faster you will master it.