We all have sabotaging beliefs that we can reset. This process is something you can repeat as you need it with every sabotaging belief you want to reset. Follow the steps listed below and if you
have questions email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your questions answered.
Identify the problem situation.
- What are you doing or not doing in this situation that you need to change?
- What change needs to be made?
- What prevents you from making this change?
- Is the thing that prevents you from making this change a statement about you, or a lack of a needed resource?
- If it is a lack of a needed resource, what prevents you from getting that resource? Keep asking what prevents you from getting that resource until you get a statement about yourself.
- Identify the negative belief.
- Identify the emotion associated with the belief by mentally reliving a recent experience in which this belief was operating.
- Anchor the emotion by touching your left knee above the kneecap. Hold the anchor.
- Search memory for the experience where the emotion first developed. Release the anchor.
- Watch memory. Note beginning and end events and submodalities.
- Run memory backward many times to eliminate the negative emotion.
- Stop memory where emotion originally was greatest. Put the picture on pause.
- Collapse the negative anchor by touching a positive anchor.
- From three perceptual positions, determine the positive purpose.
- How does this event serve you in a positive way?
- Note positive purposes: Personal, Oppositional, Big Picture.
- Determine needed resources. What knowledge, skills, or abilities does the younger you need to handle the situation in a positive fashion? Write them down.
- Bestow these gifts to the younger you.
- Go through the experience, with the younger you using the gifts.
- Switch submodalities of experience to those of a pleasing, positive event.
- Say thank you to the younger you. Using the gifts, come to the present time and note how much better life is.
- Thank and integrate the younger you with the present you.
- Reach out and hug the younger you until it shares every
- part of your being.
- Test and future pace. Describe your experience.
Please post your comments and ideas below. The more you share your ideas and the insights you learned from this book, the faster you will master it.